|Title:||Licensed School Based Therapist – Mounds View Schools|
|Job Title:||Licensed School Based Therapist – Mounds View Schools|
|Client:||Northeast Youth & Family Services|
Purpose of Position: To provide school based mental health services to secondary school students. To provide consultation to school staff regarding mental health issues.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide therapy services with students in the school setting.
- Involve parents in the therapeutic process.
- Provide training with school staff around mental health issues.
- Document all services in accordance with state and insurance regulations.
- LICSW, LMFT, or LPCC
- 3 years post Masters mental health therapy experience preferred.
- Experience doing school-based therapy and desire to do this type of work.
- Training and experience in treatment of individuals who have experienced trauma.
- Strong candidates will have a solid understanding and practice sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic differences among service populations.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion of persons based on merit, qualifications, and competence. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, place of residence, political affiliation, veterans status, or status with regard to public assistance, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. NYFS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.