|Title:||Senior Bookkeeper - The Open Door|
|Job Title:||Senior Bookkeeper - The Open Door|
|Client:||The Open Door|
Organization: The Open Door
Position Title: Senior Bookkeeper
Reports to: Director of Client Services & Reporting
Type: Part-Time (20-25 hours/week)
Rate: $23-25/hour, depending on experience
Job Location: Eagan
Organizational Mission: A fresh approach to ending local hunger through access to healthy food.
The Senior Bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing The Open Door’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The Open Door is seeking an individual with a desire to be part of our mission to end local hunger through access to healthy food. This part-time, professional position is perfect for someone desiring a flexible schedule.
Manage the day-to-day bookkeeping activities, including but not limited to -
- Process accounts receivable transactions including daily deposit, reviewing invoices, and online donor contributions
- Enter accounts payable transactions including incoming bills, online transactions, and credit card transactions
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Enter data, maintain records, and verify transactions are recorded to the right accounts.
- Reconcile bank, credit cards, and general ledger accounts.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work
- Communicate (both verbal and written) with financial donors, vendors, banking contacts, and payroll processing vendor.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit.
- Perform other finance-related and administrative duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in accounting and 1-2 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation
- Show ability to manage workload, prioritize tasks, and ask questions when needed
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records
- Comfortable interacting with people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences
- Nonprofit experience a plus
This position is a regular, part-time position (20-25 hours/week). The schedule is flexible, so long as the work is done during regular business hours (Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm). The schedule must be approved by the Director of Client Services & Reporting.
- Ten paid holidays (prorated based on work schedule)
- Paid Time Off – 20 days per year (prorated based on work schedule)
- Monthly expense stipend
- IRA match at 3%
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability
- Employer-paid long-term disability
- Wellness and Family Care Leave
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: