|Job Title:||Reading Interventionist|
|Client:||Academia Cesar Chavez|
Temporary Feb 4 to March 1
Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to providing a quality dual-language education which prepares critically thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of familia and community. Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to raising the bar and closing the achievement gap for Latino children. Academia Cesar Chavez is a public school open to all students and their families at no cost. We offer services to students and their families in a culturally sensitive and personalized way. Academia Cesar Chavez admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Academia Cesar Chavez is hiring a Reading Interventionist to work Feb 4th through March 1st. This position provides direct instructional services to elementary students who are not meeting grade level proficiency in math by using prescribed interventions. Conducts exists to assist, support and work closely with teachers in providing educational and behavior support for students.
- Provides direct instructional services to elementary students who are not meeting grade level proficiency in reading by using prescribed interventions;
- Provides 1:1 classroom assistance
- Monitors supplementary work and independent study.
- Monitors progress and completes reporting as required
- Partners closely with the teacher to make sure that students are finishing assignments and all work is being turned in
- Valid elementary school teaching license
- 3 + years successful experience working with elementary age students
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations of students
- Ability to work cooperatively with teachers and supervisors
- Responsible work and attendance ethic
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, but not required
To learn more about Academia Cesar Chavez visit www.cesarchavezschool.com