|Title:||Due Process Facilitator (Special Ed) - Academia Cesar Chavez|
|Job Title:||Due Process Facilitator (Special Ed) - Academia Cesar Chavez|
|Client:||Academia Cesar Chavez|
Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to providing a quality dual-language education which prepares critically thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of familia and community. Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to raising the bar and closing the achievement gap for Latino children. Academia Cesar Chavez is a public school open to all students and their families at no cost. We offer services to students and their families in a culturally sensitive and personalized way. Academia Cesar Chavez admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
This is a full-time, salaried and licensed teacher position. Pay will depend on years of experience and education.
The essential functions of the Due Process Facilitator shall include the following:
● Assure due process compliance by planning for and meeting deadlines regarding IEP development, evaluation process, and progress reporting.
● Facilitate compliant IEP and evaluation meetings.
● Completion of IEP, evaluation, and progress reports.
● Oversee record keeping and progress documentation of each student with disabilities.
● Maintain effective communication with school administration, teaching staff, parents, and related service providers.
● Other duties as assigned by Special Education Director, Special Education Coordinator, and School Administration.
The Due Process Facilitator shall be selected based on the following guidelines relating to experience, knowledge, characteristics, and abilities:
● Current Minnesota teaching license in one or more areas of special education.
● Minimum of five years of teaching students with disabilities.
● Familiar with the Minnesota Department of Education due process monitoring process Revised Spring 2020
● Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
● Demonstrate the ability to organize and synthesize verbal and written data.
● Exhibit the ability to work both independently and within a group structure
● Maintain a professional demeanor in difficult and/or emotional situations
● Appreciate diversity and strive for cultural competency
● Respect school choice options
● Respond quickly to a variety of stakeholder requests
● Work cooperatively and effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment with various staff and related service providers.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: