|Title:||Executive and Financial Manager - Academia Cesar Chavez|
|Job Title:||Executive and Financial Manager - Academia Cesar Chavez|
|Client:||Academia Cesar Chavez|
Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to providing a quality dual language education which prepares critically thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of familia and community. Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to raising the bar and closing the achievement gap for Latino children. Academia Cesar Chavez is a public school open to all students and their families at no cost. We offer services to students and their families in a culturally sensitive and personalized way. Academia Cesar Chavez admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
We are recruiting a full-time temporary Executive and Financial Manager. The duration of the position is through July 2021, with possible extension, and is eligible for benefits.
Financial Management Responsibilities
● Coordinate the weekly approval of bills and cross checking the budget item they are coded to
● Prepare bank deposits and keep records of donations received
● Maintain receipts and do monthly reconciliation/review of admin. P-card statements
● Create and maintain accurate accounting records and oversee the operations of ACC’s financial services, billing and receivables.
● Provides updated budgets to the leadership team, board chair and board of directors for review as needed.
● Interacts with external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
● Provides direction and leadership in financial management, fiscal policies review and changes; ensures compliance with state and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
Board of Directors Relations/Committee Work
● Act as Liaison between Executive Director and Board members
● Work effectively with the Board to accomplish the mission and vision of the school
● Assist the Board to create and revise policies
● Works with ED to arrange all Board of Director and related committee meetings
● Assist with the Board of Directors election process for the Annual Meeting in conjunction with the ED and the Family and Community Director
● Prepares and distributes meeting agendas and other related meeting materials
● Assists with logistical planning of meetings when in person, (space, food, beverages) and assures meeting arrangements are executed appropriately and efficiently and all needs of Board Members are met
● Attends meetings and records minutes using parliamentary procedure rules
● Prepares final meeting minutes for Board Chair approval
● Facilitates clear and effective communication among Board members, Officers, and the Executive office including electronic transmission of documents, reports and other information to the Board members
● Maintains an up-to-date database of Board meetings and other historical Board information
● Prepares and updates Board of Directors and Executive Committee Agenda and Minutes in Yearly Binders
● Maintains Conflict of Interest Statements from Board of Directors and Officers in the Board Binder
● Ensures adherence to Board policies
● Assists with preparation of materials and documents for annual Board of Directors orientation
● Ensures all new board members are up to date with required board trainings
● Prepare and edit Annual Reports and Quarterly Reports to UST and Board of Directors
● Prepare Reports/Documents to Minnesota Department of Education for Reporting and Compliance
● Annual Audit: collect and provides necessary documents to BerganKDV and Auditors as requested; assist with 990 Tax Survey Questionnaire MDE-School Management
● Oversees the EDIAM security system by granting permissions to users and allowing access to secure website systems for the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB).
● Serves as the IOWA-Proxy for ACC
● Manages the MDE District and School Site Verification system to ensure compliance.
● Translate documents/letters for the Executive Department as needed
● Take videos and pictures at school events or as needed, to be used on ACC’s website and marketing materials ● Provides support to staff regarding KPay and Skyward as needed.
● Coordinate with GB Tech for technical support when they are onsite and as issues arise; Act as a liaison with GB Tech for support revolving around Smartboards, chromebooks and scholar iPads
● Manages the Academia Cesar Chavez webpage
● Update school announcements on the TVs throughout the building on a monthly basis or as needed
● Bilingual in Spanish preferred
● Bachelor's degree in applicable field
● Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training in a charter school district setting preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Essential Functions & Skills
● Requires an ability to work independently under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services and with several buildings and departments.
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Excellent technical skills and proficient in the use of current technology required for the performance of duties, including software, and content management systems.
● Excellent data collection, organization, analytical skills.
● Strong problem-solving abilities.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism. Last updated: 12/07/2020
● Ability to work effectively in teams and function collaboratively across departments internally and with external partners.
● Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
● Skill in creating, maintaining, and monitoring budgets, and supporting others in developing their budgeting capacities.
● Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as directed.
● Knowledge of UFARS preferred but not required
Notice of Reorganization and Future Job Description
Updates during an interim re-organization that may be extended for several months, some of the processes, workflow, and job assignments identified above may be subject to change and will be under review by administration. An updated job description will be examined within twelve (12) months. Any significant changes in essential functions or minimum job expectations over this period will be communicated to the employee and implemented in a reasonable and gradual manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Academia Cesar Chavez School District is an equal employment opportunity employer who applies veteran’s preference during hiring in accordance with applicable laws and district policy. ACC does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status.